Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Less-Words Wednesday: Where Ya Been?!

It's been quite some time since I last posted (oops!) but that's not to say that nothing has happened since last November! Here's a brief synopsis of each month:

December:
Dash was very into Christmas, as you can see! His favorite gifts were a squeaky moose from Aunt Carol and Uncle Dave, and a HUGE bag of tennis balls from his cousins (my nephews) Case and Tyce. I don't know why I don't have a photo of the balls but trust me, by the end of the holidays, tennis balls were in every room of the house! 


January:
We rang in the new year with our family.  Dash loved waking up to his cousins!
Making sure nobody disturbed baby Tyce ... or two of his new tennis balls!

Dash and his favorite playmate, Case. Dash knows that Case is good for a game of fetch at any time! This may or may not account for tennis balls in every room of the house (bathrooms included!)
February:
This year Dash, my sister Julie and I spent our Valentines day with our Canine Companions for Independence family at the most moving graduation ceremony I've been to since I got Dash. Eighteen people were placed with their dogs - about half of which were children!



"Our graduation invites are here! Can we go?! Can we? Can we? Please!!!"
We are always thrilled to get a chance to visit with Dash's puppy raisers, Jim and Sandy. Dash most definitely remembers them and goes into full happy puppy mode whenever we see them!
March:
Unfortunately, along with so many others, I spent a good portion of February and March feeling pretty yucky. I was so thankful that Dash has such a mellow temperament and was more than happy to go into snuggle mode.


We did a lot of this!


See? Total snuggle mode!
Thankfully, I was able to recover in time to speak at the Making Miracles Happen fundraiser for Canine Companions! 
(Not the best sound quality, sorry!)

And last but not least, we celebrated Dash's birthday (and MLB Opening Day!) on March 31! The big 0-4!

A new squeaky toy from a co-worker. Believe me, the sad eyes are only because I stopped his play to get a picture! Kids these days...

April:
Hey, it's only April 2! But there's a lot on our calendar so stay tuned for more!

2 comments:

  1. Em, That video is priceless! You got me totally crying! You are such a beautiful speaker! I know when people feel passionately about something, it shows and your connection to Dash and thankfulness for those who helped place him is wonderful. (And I liked your plug for the NOVG, too!) :-) I think you should speak at all the Canine Companions events!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily, that was fantastic! You were in your element. Dash was a good boy, too. Excellent job!

    ReplyDelete