Monday, August 11, 2014

Flashback to My Dog Adventure: the weekend

This was the final installment of notes I sent to the folks back home during Team Training. I know I had planned to write more after this but adjusting to life with Dash kept me pretty occupied for quite some time. 

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Hi everyone!
Well, Dash has been by my side 24/7 since Friday morning and I have to say, I like it! It has been so fun to see his true personality expose itself now that he is out of the CCI environment. It's kind of like the difference between a kid's behavior at school when teachers are around every corner versus at home where rules exist but it's okay to let loose a bit. :-)
We've gone on a few field trips. Yesterday our whole class had lunch at Cracker Barrel right around noon. There are high expectations for these dogs in public (especially restaurants) but Dash did a great job of tucking under the table and not even sniffing the ground for any morsels that may have been dropped. I was a proud lady!
Today was our first day without class since Monday and it was a thrill to sleep in and take it easy! Week one was truly exhausting for the handlers and the dogs! After a slow morning we (my mom, Dash, and I) headed out to Target for our first unsupervised field trip. Again, a complete success! I even had Dash retrieve something off a shelf for me!  
Once we got home we played fetch until he lost the tennis ball under the bed. Silly guy! 
It's safe to say that we had a fantastic weekend and we are ready to head back to class tomorrow. We will learn a few more skills this week and have more chances to fine tune the things we have worked on so far. 
Just 5 days until graduation day! Woohoo!
All our love,
Emily + Dash  

No comments:

Post a Comment