Monday, May 20, 2013

One Year

It was just one year ago that three years of waiting culminated in one of the best days of my life. Or at least one of the most impactful days of my life.
May 18, 2012 was the day I graduated from Advanced Training with my first service dog, Dash!
I had met Dash only two weeks earlier, but I loved him already. And today, I love him even more! Not only does he assist me by picking things up that I have dropped or can't quite reach, flipping light switches on and off, hitting automatic door panels in public (which are often too high or out of my range), barking to alert people that I am in need, and countless other tasks, he is also the sweetest companion and conversation topic!
My hope for this blog is to share stories of the adventures Dash and I have together, and also to shed light on what it is like to have a service dog. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment